UPDATE 11TH APRIL 2021
Ooooo only one more sleep! We are so excited to reopen!
Owing to the fact that the Government is carrying out its Covid Road map gradually, we have made the decision to adjust our opening hours temporarily to reflect this.
We will reopen Monday the 12th April; please see opening hours below, both Matthew and I will be in store on these days.
As the economy and society gradually begins to get back to some normality, we will re-assess these hours and adjust where and when demand deems it to be necessary.
NB. Our postal service is fully operational on any given day and is not hindered by the hours we are open.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you all soon.
The Greatest Shoeman and I are so excited to welcome you all back – we can’t wait to see you all soon!
Please be aware that we are temporarily adjusting our opening hours to the following:
Monday - 10-4pm
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - 10-4pm
Thursday - Closed
Friday - 10-4pm
Saturday - 10-2pm
Sunday - Closed
We are reopening with Covid-19 safety measures in place; customer's will need to wear a mask unless medically exempt, hands must be sanitised on the way in to store and we will only allow 2 persons inside at any one time (one for sales/one for repair).
As mentioned previously we won't be operating our appointment system this time so please bear with us if you do have to wait.
We are so excited to see you all soon!
Natalie & TGS
#4thgen #est1923 #TGS #superiorrepairs #supportsmallbusiness #leatherking #thisisthegreatestshow #renownedthroughouttheUK #shoplocal #highstreetgem #yorkshiresfinest #yourhighstreetneedsyou #artisan #Louboutinmaster #superiorrepairs #customersworldwide
UPDATE - 22ND FEBRUARY 2021
Owing to the latest Government update this evening we have extended our closure until the 11th April at the earliest, Government dependant. Our booking system has been updated and is blacked out until this date.
We are still operating our delivery and collection service for repairs (please WhatsApp 07983535274 or call to enquire about this service - there is no charge but distance travelled will be at our discretion). Postal orders of both sales and repairs are flying in and out so please use this service if you are further afield.
THANK YOU to all those who have continued to support us during this difficult time, and a warm welcome to our many new customers from Italy to Slovakia to Japan; thankyou for coming on board to our special little family.
Hopefully the end is now nearing *fingers crossed*
Take care and stay safe,
Natalie & TGS
UPDATE - 6TH JANUARY 2021
- ALL CUSTOMERS will be required to make a pre-booked appointment, the door will be locked during the day and only opened when a customer arrives for their appointment. Appointments should be made via the website in the first instance, however where this is not possible I will happily make appointments over the telephone or through direct message - NOTE there will be a delay in arranging your appointment over the phone/message due to me working alone
- Please do not turn up early for your appointment - we are only able to let you in at your appointment time
- Counter screens, a cleaning station and social distancing signs have been set up inside the store. ALL CUSTOMERS will be required to santize their hands on arrival and maintain social distancing AT ALL TIMES
- Customers who have booked an appointment for shoe purchases/browsing will need to wear a face mask and gloves (both will be provided) in order to try on items of footwear, to ensure we are all still conforming to social distancing measures. Please do not come wearing gloves as you will be asked to dispose of them and replace with a brand new pair
- Customers are encouraged to make all payments via card. Where this is not possible we are happy to accept PAYPAL or Bank Transfer whilst in store or before arrival (where price is known and agreed by both parties)
- If no other payment method is possible then cash payments will be accepted
- We pride ourselves on the reputation of our first class shoe fitting service but unfortunately this will be somewhat adjusted given the 2 metre social distancing guidelines. We will of course offer as much guidance and expertise as we can without breaching 2 metres but ask that you also trust our judgement before commiting to any purchase
- Orders are still being accepted as normal but we ask you to bear with us as services are of course impacted during this current climate
- Both the mens and ladies rooms will be closed off unless you have a specific browse/purchase appointment
- There are no toilet facilities available and no persons will be permitted access to anywhere else in store unless you are a member of staff
- We will be disinfecting surface areas after each client so please bear with us if you are waiting outside
- If there does happen to be more than 2 persons waiting outside please stand by the designated signs to maintain social distance
- Repair turnaround could be affected and we ask for your cooperation with this. We are obviously inundated with requests for repairs from the past 4 months and Matthew is only able to work evenings due to looking after Baby Shoeman, now Mrs Shoeman's maternity leave has ended. Previous childcare plans that were in place are obviously unable to happen because of social distancing guidelines. Matthew WILL NOT be available for appointments whilst working in the evenings, due to the volume of repairs we receive generally, as well as the influx we have incoming, his time is needed to solely* work on repairs so that we can maintain an appropriate and realistic turn around time (*no pun intended!) Some repairs that are brought in may need Matthews expertise before I am able to offer you an estimate or plan, where this is necessary you will be contacted at the earliest opportunity before moving forward with any decision
- Our opening times have been shortened slightly in order to protect our customers and ourselves. These will be revised weekly and ammended if necessary
- We are currently NOT taking anymore riding boots for stretching. Having lost 4 months to work on the pairs we have in this will set us back to September at the earliest before they are ready to leave. This will be updated in due course